2011 BP5K

2011 BP5K
BP5K

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Angi's Story

In 2003 I was diagnosed with a pineal brain tumor. My son was 6 months old. My first thought was “Am I going to get to see my son grow up?” Then I thought, “Where is the pineal gland?” It’s in the middle of your head at the top of your brain stem. My doctor immediately got me into see the neurosurgeons in Austin. They basically told me “There is no way we are going to touch you. You are going to MD Anderson in Houston.” So off we went. After meeting with the surgeon at MD Anderson we decided on surgery. 




The tumor was
successfully removed during surgery. I am seeing my son grow up. At the time of the surgery, my mother was told that I was only one of seven to have an actual tumor in this location, many cysts had been removed, but not very many tumors. We are very thankful to MD Anderson and their wonderful staff for their help.


 Join Angi's Team and Support her here!

Register for the Brain Power 5K here TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment