2011 BP5K

2011 BP5K
BP5K

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nikki shares on the BP5K

My name is Nikki Gibson. I was diagnosed with a benign subependymoma in December 2012. I was 24 years old. Last year I participated in the Brain Power 5K for the first time. It was so much fun! It was a great feeling being one of the Powerful People. It was very encouraging to be surrounded by so many survivors like myself...to meet people that have gone through what I've gone through. I first decided to do the race after my neurologist told me about it and encouraged me to attend. It's important for me to do the race so I can be a representative for all the survivors. It's also important for me to show support for family and friends racing in memory of lost loved ones. It meant so much to me last year to have my family and friends support me. I hope more of them are able to come out and support me this year. I really love the fact that all the money donated goes towards brain tumor research. Not only that, but the BP5K is raising even more awareness by broadcasting the event on the local news...that's wonderful! The Brain Power 5K was such an inspiring experience for me last year and I can't wait to race again this year! :)

Join Nikki today and register here!

No comments:

Post a Comment